Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Rules 2016; These rules may be called the Taxation and Investment Regime for Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Rules 2016; They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette i.e. 16-12-2016.
TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY, PART II, SECTION 3, SUB-SECTION (ii)]
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE (DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE)
Notification No. 116/2016, F.No.142/33/2016-TPL
New Delhi, the 16th December, 2016
THE TAXATION AND INVESTMENT REGIME FOR PRADHAN MANTRI GARIB KALYAN YOJANA RULES 2016
S.O.4059(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) and sub-section (2) of section 199R of the Finance Act, 2016 (28 of 2016), the Central Board of Direct Taxes, subject to the control of the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, namely :—
1.Short title and commencement.—(1) These rules may be called the Taxation and Investment Regime for Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Rules 2016.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2.Definitions.— (1) In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,—
(a) “Act” means the Finance Act, 2016 (28 of 2016);
(b) “Form” means a form appended to these rules;
(2) The words and expressions used and not defined in these rules but defined in the Act, or the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961) or the rules made thereunder, shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in those Acts and rules.
3.Declaration of income in the form of cash or deposit in an account.-
(1) A declaration of income in the form of cash or deposit in an account maintained with a specified entity, under sub-section (1) of section 199C shall be made in Form-1.
(2) The declaration shall be furnished to the Principal Commissioner or the Commissioner, as the case may be, notified under sub-section (1) of section 199G,-
(a) electronically under digital signature; or
(b) through transmission of data electronically under electronic verification code; or
(c) in print form.
(3) If any person, having furnished a declaration under sub-rule (2), discovers any omission or any wrong statement therein, he may furnish a revised declaration on or before the date notified for filing declaration under sub-section (1) of section 199C.
(4) The Principal Commissioner or the Commissioner, as the case may be, shall issue a certificate in Form-2 to the declarant within thirty days from the end of the month in which a valid declaration under sub-section (1) of section 199C has been furnished.
(5) The Principal Director-General of Income-tax (Systems) or Director-General of Income-tax (Systems) shall specify the procedures, formats and standards for ensuring secure capture and transmission of data and shall also be responsible for evolving and implementing appropriate security, archival and retrieval policies in relation to furnishing the form in the manner specified in sub-rule (2) or sub-rule (3).
Explanation.—For the purposes of this rule “electronic verification code” means a code generated for the purpose of electronic verification of the person furnishing the return of income as per the data structure and standards specified by Principal Director General of Income-tax (Systems) or Director General of Income-tax (Systems).
View Forms of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Rules 2016