File Service Tax Return in Form ST-3 (October, 2016 to March, 2017) Last Date 25-04-2017
File Service Tax Return in Form ST-3: The last date of filing the ST-3 return, for the return period 01-10-2016 to 31-03-2017 is 25-04-2017. Assessee can e-file Service Tax Return (ST-3) for the period October, 2016 to March, 2017 now through offline or online version available at www.aces.gov.in.
To avoid congestion and inconvenience in the last time, it is advisable to file ST-3 for the period October, 2016 to March, 2017 immediately and not to wait till the last date. The assesses can file return either online or use the offline utility by downloading the latest version from http://acesdownload.nic.in/ or from ‘DOWNLOADS’ Section of ACES website as under:
www.aces.gov.in >> DOWNLOADS >> Click Here To Download The Utilities >> Download ST3 Return Excel Utility
In case of any difficulty in accessing the ACES Application or in file Service Tax Return (ST-3), the assesses can contact the ACES Service Desk either by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling up National Toll-free number 1800 425 4251.
(For Filing ST-3 returns for Half Year October, 2016 to March, 2017. Last updated 31-03-2017)
Instructions/Guidelines by ACES on Service Tax Returns
- For the Purpose of benefit of Service Tax Assessee we are re-producing CBEC Circular 956/17/2011 – CX, Dated: September 28, 2011 Download Here
- For any doubt while filing the ST-3 Return in view of the KKC related changes. For details click here
- New Accounting Codes have been allotted to Krishi Kalyan Cess – 00441509(Tax Receipts), 00441510 (Other Receipts), 00441512(Penalties). Assessees may tender their payments through EASIEST website cbec-easiest.gov.in For details click here
- The status of the XML file of ST-3 return uploaded by the assessee can be ascertained after one business day of uploading the return by accessing ‘RET > e-filing > view XML status’.
- Revised ST-3 return can be filed within a period of 90 days from the date of filing the original return.
- It is advised that assessees may first go through FAQs before approaching Service Desk. It is further suggested that for general/basic clarifications relating to ACES, one may call up the toll-free number (1800 425 4251) and seek guidance. In case of specific difficulties while accessing the ACES application, users can directly e-mail service desk ( email@example.com ) with following information:
a) Name of the entity & Registration No.
b) Jurisdiction (Commissionerate, Division & Range)
c) Contact Person’s name, Phone number & Mobile Number
d) Full description of the problem
e) Date & Time of encountering the issue
f) Please attach relevant screen shots / Navigation paths, if any.
- Please note that ACES Service Desk handles issues/difficulties pertaining to ACES Software Application only. For any information or clarifications regarding Central Excise/Service Tax law & procedures, you are advised to contact your jurisdictional Central Excise / Service Tax Office.
- Those assessees of Service Tax who may not have requisite IT infrastructure/resources can seek the assistance from ACES Certified Facilitation Centres (CFCs) set up by eligible Members of ICAI/ICAI/ICSI, holding valid Certificates of Practice. Authorized persons of CFC’s can work in ACES on behalf of the assessees and the services would be available on payment of prescribed service charges for various services such as digitization of paper documents and on-line filing/ uploading of documents such as Application for Registration, Returns, Claims, Permissions and Intimations etc. in ACES. For more details, you may visit CFC Section of the ACES website.
Tag: File Service Tax Return in Form ST-3 by 25th April, 2017